Jackson attended Coe College, where has was named to four All-American teams. In 2002, he rushed for 2,702 yards and 29 touchdowns, and became the two-time Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference MVP.
Jackson’s storied NFL career began in 2006 with the Buffalo Bills. Highlights of his career include:
- During the 2009 season, Jackson became the first player in NFL history to compile 1,000 rushing and 1,000 kickoff return yards.
- 2010 winner of the Buffalo Bills/NFL Walter Payton “Man of the Year” award.
- During the 2010 season, Jackson was named to the USA Today All-Joe Team for his quality play.
- Number 83 Top 100 NFL Players (2012)
- NFL Ground Player of the Week (2010), Week 10)
- NFL Ground Player of the Week (2011, Week 2)
After spending the 2016 season out of football, Jackson announced an attempt at a comeback by signing with The Spring League, for its summer 2017 showcase.
Photo credit: USA TODAY Sports, Timothy Ludwig